Performance, health and appearance of the horse
Contains a Live Pur‑A-Yeast Culture. A unique blend of special ingredients formulated for horses 6 months of age or older. One of the main ingredients, Saccharomyces cerevisiae, has been shown to increase fibre and phosphorus digestion and to improve protein utilization. It also contains highly palatable ingredients such as oat groats, dextrose, brown sugar and corn oil, to increase feed intake and maintain body condition. It contains 12 added vitamins including Vitamin E to meet the nutritional requirements of the horse for improved performance, health and appearance. It is a convenient and versatile - it can be fed to a wide range of horses!
- Has been shown to increase fibre and phosphorus digestion and to improve protein utilization.
Contains 12 added vitamins including Vitamin E
- To meet the nutritional requirements of the horse for improved performance, health and appearance.
Contains highly palatable ingredients such as oat groats, dextrose, brown sugar and corn oil
- To increase feed intake and maintain body condition.
Convenient and versatile
- It can be fed to a wide range of horses.
Purina Pur‑A-Yeast is a highly palatable vitamin enriched yeast culture supplement for mature horses and brood mares. Using the scoop supplied in the pail, feed 1 to 2 level scoops per horse per day as topdress or mixed into the grain concentrate portion of the ration (each scoop supplies 28 grams). Do not feed Pur‑A-Yeast to horses on a free‑choice basis.
To optimize the diet
- Purina recommends analyzing your hay and balancing the ration accordingly.
- Feed clean and dust free hay in sufficient amount daily. Feeding poor quality hay or feeding inadequate amounts could cause colic and other digestive upsets.
- Offer source of salt (NaCl) daily as well as plenty of fresh and clean water at all times.
- Make any feed change gradually over a 7 to 10 days period.
- Daily ration should be divided into 2 and preferably 3 separate feedings or more.
- Use a scale to weigh your feed so you know exactly how much your horse is being fed. Do not feed by volume.
- These recommendations are intended as a guide. They should be adjusted to variables of management, environment and individual needs. Consult your Purina Equine Consultant if necessary.
- Follow sound management practices along with optimal preventive veterinary medicine.
A list of the ingredients used in this feed may be obtained from the manufacturer or registrant.