EZ Balance is a pelleted mineral and vitamin supplement for all types of horses. It is a low calorie, low sugar/starch product that contains a concentrated source of minerals and vitamins.
Available sizes : 25 kg
Low sugar/starch content. Also identified as low glycemic or low NSC (nonstructural carbohydrates).
- Ideal for insulin resistant, Cushing's and EPSM (Equine Polysaccharide Storage Myopathy) horses.
Low-calorie with elevated minerals and vitamins. Very nutrient dense
- With the low feeding rate provides negligible caloric intake.
- Ideal when there is a need to cut calories but not nutrition. Easy-keepers, ponies & miniature horses.
Contains organic copper, zinc, manganese
- Increases absorption and enhances trace mineral bioavailability to improve immune response and overall health.
Contains organic selenium
- Effective antioxidant. Helps repair the oxidative stress of exercise. Helps supports immune functions and overall health.
Contains 8 added B-vitamins (including biotin)
- Supports optimum metabolic efficiency.
- Promotes hoof and overall health and vitality.
Feed this mineral to horses at a rate of 150 to 200 grams/head/day. Feed as per ration recommendations from your local Purina Farm Consultant. Provide a fresh, clean source of water at all times. Important: Feed salt on a free-choice basis separately. This product is designed as a mineral and not a replacement of a complete and balanced grain-based feed.
To optimize the diet
- Purina recommends analyzing your hay and balancing the ration accordingly.
- Feed clean and dust free hay in sufficient amount daily. Feeding poor quality hay or feeding inadequate amounts could cause colic and other digestive upsets.
- Offer source of salt (NaCl) daily as well as plenty of fresh and clean water at all times.
- Make any feed change gradually over a 7 to 10 days period.
- Daily ration should be divided into 2 and pre-ferably
3 separate feedings or more.
- Use a scale to weigh your feed so you know exactly how much your horse is being fed. Do not feed by volume.
- These recommendations are intended as a guide. They should be adjusted to variables of management, environment and individual needs. Consult your Purina Equine Consultant if necessary.
- Follow sound management practices along with optimal preventive veterinary medicine.
Directions for use must be carefully followed. Feed is perishable. Store in a dry, well-ventilated area protected from rodents and insects. Do not feed moldy or insect-infested feed to animals as it may cause illness, abortion or death.
This feed contains added selenium at 8 mg/kg
|Crude Protein (min)||10 %|
|Crude Fat (min)||5 %|
|Crude Fiber (min)||5 %|
|Calcium (actual)||9 %|
|Phosphorus (actual)||4.5 %|
|Sodium (actual)||1.7 %|
|Magnesium (actual)||2.5 %|
|Sulfur (actual)||0.8 %|
|Cobalt (actual)||6.37 mg / kg|
|Zinc (actual)||2 535 mg / kg|
|Fluorine (max.)||50 mg / kg|
|Potassium (actual)||1 %|
|Iodine (actual)||22.3 mg / kg|
|Iron (actual)||3 581 mg / kg|
|Copper (actual)||766 mg / kg|
|Manganese (actual)||2 405 mg / kg|
|Vitamin A (min.)||150 000 I.U./kg|
|Vitamin D3 (min.)||40 000 I.U./kg|
|Vitamin E (min.)||4 000 I.U./kg|
|Protein/Amino Acids||Soya Bean Meal, Dried Brewers Yeast|
|Vitamins||Vitamin A, Vitamin D3, Vitamin E, Vitamin K, Riboflavin, Niacin, Thiamine, Vitamin B12, Biotin, Pantothenic Acid, Folic Acid, Vitamin B6|
|Minerals||Salt (Sodium Chloride), Calcium Carbonate, Potassium Chloride, Calcium Sulphate, Magnesium Oxide, Mono Dicalcium Phosphate, Defluorinated Phosphate, Calcium Iodate, Cobalt Carbonate, Copper Sulphate, Ferrous Sulphate, Manganese Oxide, Zinc Oxide, Organic Manganese, Organic Zinc, Organic Copper, Organic Selenium|
|Flavour/Binder||Molasses, Flavouring, Pellet Binding Agent, Flow Agent|
* Ingredients are not in order of their inclusion rate.