Oiled Textured Feed for horses
A versatile oiled textured feed for working adult horses and breeding horses. Ideal for boarding stables and recreational stables, from occasional breeding to active pleasure riding.
This feed is formulated with certified quality ingredients and is manufactured exclusively in our specialized and drug‑free facility in Strathroy, Ontario.
Uses high quality ingredients
- Highly palatable feed.
Contains Opti‑Flakes – extruded corn
- Highly digestible in small intestine.
- Helps minimize gut upset (colic) by preventing starch overload in the hindgut. Totally eliminating the negative aspect associated with whole and cracked corn.
- Optimally "cooked". Reminiscent of the good old days of "cooking" grains.
- Palatable. No preservatives.
Convenient and versatile
- Suitable for many types of horses.
- Provides essential nutrients for growth and milk production.
- Ideal for the pleasure horse.
Oleo Special is recommended for the pleasure or performance horse. Feed at a rate of 0.5 to 1.5 kg per 100 kg of body weight. Adjust feeding rate depending on forage quality, body condition and level of activity. Feed with good quality forage to ensure that the horseconsumes 1% body weight (on a dry matter basis) in forages. Provide free choice salt.
- These recommendations are based on feeding a forage equal or greater than 15% protein.
- Amounts can vary depending on the hay. Purina recommends that you have your hay analyzed and balance your ration accordingly. In general, Optimal (35720) will better balance the ration of broodmares and foals than Equilizer (35710).
- Do not provide more than 0.5% of Body Weight of this feed at one time.
- Provide a source of fresh, clean water at all times.
- Follow sound management practices along with disease and sanitation control measures. If there are any questions, contact your veterinarian, Purina dealer or Purina sales consultant.
Directions for use must be carefully followed.
Feed is perishable. Store in a dry, well-ventilated area protected from rodents and insects. Do not feed moldy or insect-infested feed to animals as it may cause illness, abortion or death.
|Vitamin A||8400 I.U./kg|
|Vitamin D3||1450 I.U./kg|
|Vitamin E||170 I.U./kg|
|Protein/Amino Acids||Soya Bean Meal|
|Starch||Extruded Corn, Flaked Barley, Whole Grain Oats, Ground Corn|
|Vitamins||Vitamin A, Vitamin D3, Vitamin E, Vitamin K, Riboflavin, Niacin, Thiamine, Vitamin B12, Biotin, Pantothenic Acid, Vitamin B6, Folic acid|
|Minerals||Salt (Sodium Chloride), Calcium Carbonate, Calcium Iodate, Cobalt Carbonate, Copper Sulphate, Ferrous Sulphate, Manganese Oxide, Zinc Oxide, Selenium, Organic Selenium|
|Multi- Attributes||Wheat shorts|
|Flavour/ Binder||Molasses, Flavouring|
* Ingredients are not in order of their inclusion rate.