Nature Complement#35650 / Quality
Quality product for horses
SuperFibra Nature Complement is a pelleted feed with high levels of good quality digestible fibre. It can supplement or replace part of the daily hay ration in adult horses, senior horses and foals older than 6 months. SuperFibra Nature Complement is formulated with certified quality ingredients and is manufactured exclusively in our specialized and drug- free facility in Strathroy, Ontario.
- Low NSC (sugar + starch)
- Hay Replacer
- Super Fibre
Contains a high level of fibre
- Can substitute up to 50% of daily hay ration.
Allows to decrease the amount of hay or pasture consumed
- Control the volume intake to prevent “hay bellies”.
- A dust-free feed, which is excellent for horses with respiratory conditions.
Easy to carry (compact product)
- Ideal for the travelling horse.
- Fibre source with consistent energy and protein levels.
- Complements various nutrition program very well.
- Advantageous to the horse who is used to consuming alfalfa.
SuperFibra Nature Complement can be fed to all horses 6 months of age and older. A horse should consume a minimum of 1.5 to 3% body weight per day of long stemmed forage (hay/pasture). This product can replace up to 50% of the forage normally fed to an individual horse. A typical feeding rate is 0.5 to 1.5% body weight per day. For example, a 500kg horse receiving a minimum of 1.5% body weight (or 7.5 kg) in forage, can receive up to 0.75% body weight per day (or 3.75kg) of Simplici-T Nature Complement. The daily ration should be fed over a recommended 2 to 3 separate feedings. This high fibre product does not contain added vitamins or minerals, and should be fed along with a Purina complete feed. Feed in conjunction with hay and water. Provide free choice salt.
Daily amount of SuperFibra Nature Complement
kg / 100 kg of Body Weight
|6 to 24 months||0.50||1.00|
- Purina recommends that you have your hay analyzed and balance your ration accordingly.
- If your horse rapidly consumes this feed and/or if hydration status of your horse is questionable, we recommend adding water to this feed or using other measures to ensure an appropriate rate of intake.
- Do not provide more than 0.5% of Body Weight of this feed at one time.
- Provide a source of fresh, clean water at all times.
- Follow sound management practices along with disease and sanitation control measures. If there are any questions, contact your veterinarian, Purina dealer or Purina sales consultant.
Directions for use must be carefully followed.
Feed is perishable. Store in a dry, well‑ventilated area protected from rodents and insects. Do not feed moldy or insect‑infested feed to animals as it may cause illness, abortion or death.
To optimize the diet
- Purina recommends analyzing your hay and balancing the ration accordingly.
- Feed clean and dust free hay in sufficient amount daily. Feeding poor quality hay or feeding inadequate amounts could cause colic and other digestive upsets.
- Offer source of salt (NaCl) daily as well as plenty of fresh and clean water at all times.
- Make any feed change gradually over a 7 to 10 days period.
- Daily ration should be divided into 2 and preferably 3 separate feedings or more.
- Use a scale to weigh your feed so you know exactly how much your horse is being fed. Do not feed by volume.
- Purina recommends providing a maximum of 0.5% of body weight of this feed at one time.
- These recommendations are intended as a guide. They should be adjusted to variables of management, environment and individual needs. Consult your Cargill Equine Consultant if necessary.
- Follow sound management practices along with optimal preventive veterinary medicine.
|Fibre||Dehydrated Alfalfa Meal, Soya Hulls|
|Flavour/Binder||Pellet Binding Agent|
*Ingredients are not in order of their inclusion rate.