Classic#35640 / Premium
Fortified feed for horses
SuperFibra Classic is a fortified feed with built-in roughage and low in sugar/starch (NSC - nonstructural carbohydrates) in a chunk format. SuperFibra Classic is balance for mature horses that are inactive or lightly active or for horses that need the benefit of added roughage in their diet. It can replace part of the daily hay ration. SuperFibra Classic is formulated with certified quality ingredients and is manufactured exclusively in our specialized and drug-free facility in Strathroy, Ontario.
- Low NSC (sugar + starch)
- Essential Amino Acids
- Super Fibre
Contains a reduced sugar/starch content, commonly referred to as low glycemic
- Delivers sensible calories (energy) needed for inactive to light active horses.
- Helps minimize excitability.
- Helps minimize gut upset (colic) by preventing starch overload in the hindgut.
Contains an elevated fibre content (25%) from quality roughage sources. Does NOT contain economical fibre sources like oat hulls
- Can replace up to 50% of the hay ration when supply or quality is low.
- Ideal as a supplemental roughage source for senior horses with no teeth. Fed soaked.
Contains balanced amino acids
- Provides building blocks for improved muscle tone.
Unique Chunk Form
- Induce chewing and slow rate of intake.
- Can be fed as a nutritious treat.
- Suite for ground feeding.
Guaranteed nutrient analysis
- Provide a consistent level of balance minerals and vitamins for mature inactive horses.
- More consistent than hay.
SuperFibra Classic is recommended for mature horses that are inactive or lightly active or for horses that need the benefit of added roughage in their diet. Feed at 0.5 to 1.5 kg per 100 kg of Body Weight. Feed according to amount of work performed, forage quality and the horse’s body condition. Feed in conjunction with water and a minimum of 1% body weight (on a dry matter basis) of a long stemmed forage (hay/pasture). Provide free choice salt. Daily ration should be divided into 2 preferably 3 separate feedings.
- Purina recommends that you have your hay analyzed and balance your ration accordingly.
- If your horse rapidly consumes this feed and/or if hydration status of your horse is questionable, we recommend adding water to this feed or using other measures to ensure an appropriate rate of intake.
- Do not provide more than 0.5% of Body Weight of this feed at one time.
- Provide a source of fresh, clean water at all times.
- Follow sound management practices along with disease and sanitation control measures. If there are any questions, contact your veterinarian, Purina dealer or Purina sales consultant.
Directions for use must be carefully followed.
Feed is perishable. Store in a dry, well‑ventilated area protected from rodents and insects. Do not feed moldy or insect‑infested feed to animals as it may cause illness, abortion or death.
To optimize the diet
- Purina recommends analyzing your hay and balancing the ration accordingly.
- Feed clean and dust free hay in sufficient amount daily. Feeding poor quality hay or feeding inadequate amounts could cause colic and other digestive upsets.
- Offer source of salt (NaCl) daily as well as plenty of fresh and clean water at all times.
- Make any feed change gradually over a 7 to 10 days period.
- Daily ration should be divided into 2 and preferably 3 separate feedings or more.
- Use a scale to weigh your feed so you know exactly how much your horse is being fed. Do not feed by volume.
- Purina recommends providing a maximum of 0.5% of body weight of this feed at one time.
- These recommendations are intended as a guide. They should be adjusted to variables of management, environment and individual needs. Consult your Cargill Equine Consultant if necessary.
- Follow sound management practices along with optimal preventive veterinary medicine.
|Vitamin A||6500 I.U./kg|
|Vitamin D3||1200 I.U./kg|
|Vitamin E||100 I.U./kg|
|Fibre||Soya Hulls, Dehydrated Alfalfa Meal|
|Vitamins||Vitamin A, Vitamin D3, Vitamin E, Vitamin K, Riboflavin, Niacin, Thiamine, Vitamin B12, Biotin|
|Minerals||Salt (Sodium Chloride), Calcium Carbonate, Calcium Iodate, Copper Sulphate, Ferrous Sulphate, Manganese Oxide, Zinc Oxide, Organic Selenium, Cobalt Carbonate|
|Multi- Attributes||Wheat shorts|
|Flavour/ Binder||Flavouring, Pellet Binding Agent|
*Ingredients are not in order of their inclusion rate.