Performance, health and appearance of the horse
Pur-A-Plus is a vitamin enriched viable yeast culture (Saccharomyces cerevisiae) supplement for horses. Yeast improves the micro-flora in the hind gut by increasing the number of cellulytic and lactic-acid-utilizing bacteria, and this enhances fibre digestion. Pur-A-Plus is ideal for older horses, horses prone to colic, horses under stress (shipping and training), horses receiving antibiotics and horses with hay
- Has been shown to increase fibre and phosphorus digestion and to improve protein utilization.
Contains 12 added vitamins including Vitamin E
- To meet the nutritional requirements of the horse for improved performance, health and appearance.
- To increase feed intake and maintain body condition.
Convenient and versatile
- It can be fed to a wide range of horses.
Purina Pur-A-Plus is a vitamin enriched yeast culture supplement for horses. Using the scoop supplied in the pail, feed 2 to 3 level scoops per horse per day as top dress or mixed into the grain concentrate portion of the ration (each scoop supplies 28 grams). Do not feed PUR-A-PLUS to horses on a free-choice basis.
To optimize the diet
- Purina recommends analyzing your hay and balancing the ration accordingly.
- Feed clean and dust free hay in sufficient amount daily. Feeding poor quality hay or feeding inadequate amounts could cause colic and other digestive upsets.
- Offer source of salt (NaCl) daily as well as plenty of fresh
and clean water at all times.
- Make any feed change gradually over a 7 to 10 days period.
- Daily ration should be divided into 2 and pre-ferably 3 separate feedings or more.
- Use a scale to weigh your feed so you know exactly how
much your horse is being fed. Do not feed by volume.
- These recommendations are intended as a guide. They should be adjusted to variables of management, environment and individual needs. Consult your Purina Equine Consultant if necessary.
- Follow sound management practices along with optimal
preventive veterinary medicine.
Directions for use must be carefully followed. Feed is perishable. Store in a dry, well-ventilated area protected from rodents and insects. Do not feed moldy or insect-infested feed to animals as it may cause illness, abortion or death.
|Vitamin A||52000 I.U./kg|
|Vitamin D3||10000 I.U./kg|
|Vitamin E||1000 I.U./kg|
Saccharomyces cervisiae 3.34 x 108 cells/gram (334 million) minimum CNCM I-1077.
|Fibre||Dehydrated Alfalfa Meal|
|Prebiotic||Yeast Cell Wall|
|Vitamins||Vitamin A, Vitamin D3, Vitamin E, Vitamin K, Riboflavin, Niacin, Thiamine, Vitamin B12, Biotin, Pantothenic Acid, Folic Acid, Vitamin B6|
* Ingredients are not in order of their inclusion rate.