B-vitamin supplement for horses
Horse Plus is a broad spectrum B-vitamin supplement with added vitamins C and E. Horse Plus is a necessary blood building and anti-stress supplement to counteract the detrimental effects of intense exercise and ensure continual optimum performance. Horse Plus supports concentration and focus. Helps maintain proper immune functions and contains antioxidants.
Contains a full complex of B-vitamins
- Stimulates appetite.
Contains Riboflavin (B2), Niacin (B3), Pyridoxine (B6) and Pantothenic Acid
- Essential for energy metabolism. Ensures the proper utilization of energy from the diet.
Contains Thiamin (B1)
- In addition to its role in energy metabolism, thiamin (B1) plays a role in the nervous system, which could be beneficial in horses that "tie-up".
- Essential for sound and healthy hoof growth.
Contains Cyanocobalamin (B12) and Folic Acid
- Essential for red blood cell (RBC) synthesis.
- Plays a role in the prevention of anemia.
Contains the anti-oxidants Vitamin C and Vitamin E
- Combats the stress of strenuous exercise by scavenging free radicals.
- Enhances immune function.
Contains Vitamin K
- Essential for blood clotting.
- Could be beneficial to horses that bleed.
Pelleted and palatable
- Mixes well with all feeds.
- Will not sift to bottom.
- Ensures consumption.
Manufactured in a plant with high standards of biosecurity and
- Consistent quality feed.
Manufactured in a 100% drug-free facility
- No risk of detrimental drug contamination.
- Peace of mind.
Manufactured in Canada
- Minimizes transport cost.
- Optimizes freshness.
Administer 1 ½ scoop (45 grams per 500 kg body weight) orally,with each meal, twice daily. 30 gram scoop enclosed.
Note: Feeding vitamins other than Vitamin A, D, E, riboflavin, pyridoxine & thiamine to horses may not have a beneficial effect.
To optimize the diet
- Purina recommends analyzing your hay and balancing the ration accordingly.
- Feed clean and dust free hay in sufficient amount daily. Feeding poor quality hay or feeding inadequate amounts could cause colic and other digestive upsets.
- Offer source of salt (NaCl) daily as well as plenty of fresh and clean water at all times.
- Make any feed change gradually over a 7 to 10 days period.
- Daily ration should be divided into 2 and pre-ferably
3 separate feedings or more.
- Use a scale to weigh your feed so you know exactly how much your horse is being fed. Do not feed by volume.
- These recommendations are intended as a guide. They should be adjusted to variables of management, environment and individual needs. Consult your Purina Equine Consultant if necessary.
- Follow sound management practices along with optimal preventive veterinary medicine.
Directions for use must be carefully followed. Feed is perishable. Store in a dry, well-ventilated area protected from rodents and insects. Do not feed moldy or insect-infested feed to animals as it may cause illness, abortion or death.
|D-Pantothenic Acid||850 mg/kg|
|Folic Acid||500 mg/kg|
|Vitamin B12||3500 mcg/kg|
|Vitamin C||12500 mg/kg|
|Vitamin E||11100 I.U./kg|
|Vitamin K||250 mg/kg|
|Fibre||Dehydrated Alfalfa Meal|
|Vitamins||Vitamin E, Vitamin K, Riboflavin,
Niacin, Thiamine, Vitamin B12, Biotin, Choline Chloride, Pantothenic Acid, Folic Acid, Vitamin B6, Beta-Carotene, Ascorbic Acid
|Flavour/Binder||Molasses, Calcium Propionate|
* Ingredients are not in order of their inclusion rate.