Vitamins and minerals supplement for horses
A broad-spectrum micro-mineral and vitamin supplement. It contains essential trace minerals and both fat and water soluble vitamins. The major advantage of Equi‑Min/Equi22 is its precise compatibility riding with all Purina horse feeds. Horses not consuming at least 2 kg/day of a fortified horse feed require Equilizer/Optimal to balance the calcium and phosphorus of a typical hay.
- Increases palatability.
- Reduces dust.
Fortified with biotin
- Promotes healthy hooves.
- Promotes healthy hair coat.
Contains 22 added vitamins and minerals, including Vitamin E
- Increases vitamin and mineral intake for better health and appearance.
Contains highly palatable ingredients such as dehydrated alfalfa meal, oat groats, sugar and soy oil
- Ensures palatability and consumption.
Convenient and versatile
- One product for a wide range of horses with different nutritional needs.
- Simplifies nutritional management of difficult horses.
Feed this vitamin and mineral enriched supplement to growing horses 6 months of age and older. Using the scoop supplied in the pail, feed up to 3 scoops per feeding, twice daily (i.e. 6 scoops per horse per day) as a top dress or mix into the grain concentrate portion of the ration. (Each level scoop contains 30 grams.) This quantity ensures that your horse receives the proper quantity of vitamins and minerals. Do not feed Equi22 on a free‑choice basis, and keep stored in a safe place with the lid firmly attached.
Directions for use must be carefully followed. This product is perishable. Store in a dry, well-ventilated area protected from rodents and insects. Do not feed moldy or insect-infested feed to animals as it may cause illness, abortion or death.
To optimize the diet
- Purina recommends analyzing your hay and balancing the ration accordingly.
- Feed clean and dust free hay in sufficient amount daily. Feeding poor quality hay or feeding inadequate amounts could cause colic and other digestive upsets.
- Offer source of salt (NaCl) daily as well as plenty of fresh and clean water at all times.
- Make any feed change gradually over a 7 to 10 days period.
- Daily ration should be divided into 2 and preferably 3 separate feedings or more.
- Use a scale to weigh your feed so you know exactly how much your horse is being fed. Do not feed by volume.
- Purina recommends providing a maximum of 0.5% of body weight of this feed at one time.
- These recommendations are intended as a guide. They should be adjusted to variables of management, environment and individual needs. Consult your Purina Equine Consultant if necessary.
- Follow sound management practices along with optimal preventive veterinary medicine.
|D-Pantothenic A||250 mg/kg|
|Folic Acid||2.5 mg/kg|
|Vitamin A||150000 I.U./kg|
|Vitamin B12||0.5 mg/kg|
|Vitamin D3||30000 I.U./kg|
|Vitamin E||2500 I.U./kg|
|Vitamin K||50 mg/kg|
A list of the ingredients used in this feed may be obtained from the manufacturer or registrant.