Biotin supplement for horses
BMZ is a biotin, methionine and zinc (organic) supplement. A quality hoof care topdress formulated specifically to increase hoof growth and integrity. Methionine is interchangeable with cysteine, a major amino acid of keritin, which is the main protein in connective tissue, such as hoof wall. Research has demonstrated that hoof integrity is directly related to zinc content in the hoof wall.
20 mg of biotin per dose
- 15 to 20 mg of biotin per day is scientifically proven to enhance hoof integrity and growth.
Contains D‑L methionine
- Methionine is interchangeable with cysteine, a major amino acid of keritin, which is the main protein in connective tissue, such as hoof wall.
Contains zinc proteinate
- Chelation ensures enhanced digestibility and research has demonstrated that hoof integrity is directly related to hoof wall zinc content.
Contains dehydrated alfalfa meal as a carrier
- Enhanced palatability.
Manufactured in a plant with high standards of biosecurity and quality
- Consistent quality feed.
Manufactured in a 100% drug‑free facility
- No risk of detrimental drug contamination.
- Peace of mind.
Manufactured in Canada
- Minimizes transport cost.
- Optimizes freshness.
Purina BMZ is a highly palatable biotin topdress for horses. Add 30 g (filled 50 cc scoop of BMZ ) per day on the daily ration.
To optimize the diet
- Purina recommends analyzing your hay and balancing the ration accordingly.
- Feed clean and dust free hay in sufficient amount daily. Feeding poor quality hay or feeding inadequate amounts could cause colic and other digestive upsets.
- Offer source of salt (NaCl) daily as well as plenty of fresh and clean water at all times.
- Make any feed change gradually over a 7 to 10 days period.
- Daily ration should be divided into 2 and preferably 3 separate feedings or more.
- Use a scale to weigh your feed so you know exactly how much your horse is being fed. Do not feed by volume.
- These recommendations are intended as a guide. They should be adjusted to variables of management, environment and individual needs. Consult your Purina Equine Consultant if necessary.
- Follow sound management practices along with optimal preventive veterinary medicine.
A list of the ingredients used in this feed may be obtained from the manufacturer or registrant.