Supplement for performance horses
Athlete™ is an extruded feed supplement that is fed in conjunction with regular hay and grain rations. This feed is for horses that require energy supplementation.
Unique, advanced feed formulation
- Provides complete nutrient fortification required by performance horses.
20-22% fat content (vegetable oil)
- A more concentrated and efficient energy source than grains.
- Builds energy reserves and fuels superior performance.
- "Clean" burning fuel, which reduces metabolic waste and lactic acid build-up.
- Increases energy reserves.
- Improves skin, hair, hoof condition and overall appearance.
Contains blood building nutrients (copper, cobalt, folic acid, Vitamin B12)
- Builds cardiovascular capacity.
High protein/energy ration
- Builds muscle mass.
Extruded feed form
- Higher digestibility.
- Ensures optimum feed intake.
- Mixes well with other sweet feeds, pellets and grains.
Contains Flaxseed (an excellent source of Omega‑3)
- Boosts immune function.
- Enhances anti-inflammatory properties and overall health.
Changes in feeding programs should be made gradually over a period of 10 - 14 days. During this changeover period, blend Purina Athlete with the current ration being fed by adding approximately 0.25 kg of Athlete/horse/day until you have achieved the recommended feeding level. The recommended amount of Athlete should not be exceeded. Feed in conjunction with a minimum of 1% body weight of hay or equivalent pasture. Feed at regular times at least twice daily with three daily feedings preferred. Provide a source of fresh, clean water at all times. Follow sound management practices along with disease and sanitation control measures. If there are any questions, contact your veterinarian, Purina dealer or equine consultant.
Daily amount of Athlete™
|Light exercise 1||1.00||2.00|
|Moderate exercise 1||1.00||2.00|
- For best results, start feeding Athlete 30 days prior to training and continue feeding throughout competition.
- For best results, start feeding Athlete 60 days prior to breeding and continue feeding throughout the breeding season.
- For best results, start feeding Athlete 60 days before breeding and continue feeding until the mare is checked in foal.
- For best results, start feeding Athlete 60 days prior to foaling and continue feeding until the foal is weaned.
To optimize the diet
- Agribrands Purina recommends analyzing your hay and balancing the ration accordingly.
- Feed clean and dust free hay in sufficient amount daily. Feeding poor quality hay or feeding inadequate amounts could cause colic and other digestive upsets.
- Offer source of salt (NaCl) daily as well as plenty of fresh and clean water at all times.
- Make any feed change gradually over a 7 to 10 days period.
- Daily ration should be divided into 2 and preferably 3 separate feedings or more.
- Use a scale to weigh your feed so you know exactly how much your horse is being fed. Do not feed by volume.
- Agribrands Purina recommends providing a maximum of 0.5% of body weight of this feed at one time.
- These recommendations are intended as a guide. They should be adjusted to variables of management, environment and individual needs. Consult your Agribrands Purina Equine Consultant if necessary.
- Follow sound management practices along with optimal preventive veterinary medicine.
|Fat||20 - 22 %|
|Vitamin A||13000 I.U./kg|
|Vitamin D3||1300 I.U./kg|
|Vitamin E||50 I.U./kg|
|Protein/Amino Acids||DL-Methionine, L-Lysine, Soya Bean Meal|
|Fat||Flaxseed, Soya Oil|
|Vitamins||Choline Chloride, Vitamin A, Vitamin D3, Vitamin E, Vitamin K, Riboflavin, Niacin, Thiamine, Vitamin B12, Biotin, Pantothenic Acid, Vitamin B6, Folic Acid|
|Minerals||Salt (Sodium Chloride), Calcium Carbonate, Mono Dicalcium Phosphate, Ferric Oxide|
|Multi-Attributes||Wheat shorts, Dried Distillers Grains|
*Ingredients are not in order of their inclusion rate.