Quality product for horses
Simplici‑T Nature is a pelleted product with high levels of good quality digestible fibre. It can supplement or replace part of the daily hay ration in adult horses, senior horses and foals older than 6 months. Simplici‑T Nature Complement is formulated with certified quality ingredients and is manufactured exclusively in our specialized and drug‑free facility in Strathroy, Ontario.
Contains a high level of fibre
- Can substitute up to 50% of daily hay ration.
Allows to decrease the amount of hay or pasture consumed
- Control the volume intake to prevent "hay bellies".
- A dust-free product, which is excellent for horses with respiratory conditions.
Easy to carry (compact product)
- Ideal for the travelling horse.
- Fibre source with consistent energy and protein levels.
- Complements various nutrition program very well.
- Advantageous to the horse who is used to consuming alfalfa.
SIMPLICI-T NATURE COMPLEMENT can be fed to all horses 6 months of age and older. A horse should consume a minimum of 1.5 to 3% body weight per day of long stemmed forage (hay/pasture). This product can replace up to 50% of the forage normally fed to an individual horse. A typical feeding rate is 0.5 to 1.5% body weight per day. For example, a 500kg horse receiving a minimum of 1.5% body weight (or 7.5 kg) in forage, can receive up to 0.75% body weight per day (or 3.75kg) of Simplici-T Nature Complement. The daily ration should be fed over a recommended 2 to 3 separate feedings. This high fibre product does not contain added vitamins or minerals, and should be fed along with a Purina complete feed. Feed in conjunction with hay and water. Provide free choice salt.
Daily amount of Simplici‑T Nature Complement
kg / 100 kg of Body Weight
|6 to 24 months||0.50||1.00|
- Purina recommends that you have your hay analyzed and balance your ration accordingly.
- If your horse rapidly consumes this product and/or if hydration status of your horse is questionable, we recommend adding water to this product or using other measures to ensure an appropriate rate of intake.
- Do not provide more than 0.5% of Body Weight of this feed at one time.
- Provide a source of fresh, clean water at all times.
Directions for use must be carefully followed.
Feed is perishable. Store in a dry, well‑ventilated area protected from rodents and insects. Do not feed moldy or insect‑infested feed to animals as it may cause illness, abortion or death.
To optimize the diet
- Purina recommends analyzing your hay and balancing the ration accordingly.
- Feed clean and dust free hay in sufficient amount daily. Feeding poor quality hay or feeding inadequate amounts could cause colic and other digestive upsets.
- Offer source of salt (NaCl) daily as well as plenty of fresh and clean water at all times.
- Make any feed change gradually over a 7 to 10 days period.
- Daily ration should be divided into 2 and preferably 3 separate feedings or more.
- Use a scale to weigh your feed so you know exactly how much your horse is being fed. Do not feed by volume.
- Purina recommends providing a maximum of 0.5% of body weight of this feed at one time.
- These recommendations are intended as a guide. They should be adjusted to variables of management, environment and individual needs. Consult your Purina Equine Consultant if necessary.
- Follow sound management practices along with optimal preventive veterinary medicine.
*Ingredients are not in order of their inclusion rate.