Optimal#35720 / Platinum
Amino acids, vitamins and minerals
Equilibrium Optimal is a low calorie, low sugar/starch, nutrient dense pellet with elevated protein (amino acids), minerals and vitamins, containing up to 5 times the vitamin-mineral content of most feeds. This supplement is also classified as a ration balancer. Optimal is formulated for broodmares, growing horses, performance and leisure horses, including pony and miniature mares and foals.. This recommendation is based on feeding Optimal along with a typical horse forage.
- Low NSC (sugar + starch)
- Essential Amino Acids
- Vitamin and Mineral Balancer
- Organic Minerals
- Weight Control
Low sugar/starch content (9%). Also identified as low glycemic or low NSC (nonstructural carbohydrates). Contains no whole grains or molasses
- Ideal for insulin resistant, Cushing’s and EPSM (Equine Polysaccharide Storage Myopathy) horses.
Low-calorie with elevated amino acids, minerals and vitamins. Very nutrient dense
- With the low feeding rate provides negligible caloric intake.
- Ideal when there is a need to cut calories but not nutrition. Easy Keepers.
- Ideal for foals with signs of DOD's (Developmental Orthopedic Disease) where there’s a need to cut calories to slow growth rate but maintain if not increase nutrition to promote sound growth.
- Ideal for overweight mares and foals that maintain body weight on forage alone.
- Ideal for overweight, insulin resistant and laminitic horses on a low protein hay.
- Provides the nutrients lacking in a forage alone diet.
Contains the added amino acids, lysine and methionine
- Provides an ideal balance of amino acids for optimal muscle and joint development and milk production.
Contains organic copper, zinc, manganese and selenium
- Increases absorption and enhances trace mineral bioavailability to improve immune response, bone development and decrease the risk of DOD’s (Developmental Orthopedic Diseases).
- Supports the transplacental transfer of selenium during late gestation.
Contains 8 added B‑vitamins (including biotin) and vitamin C
- Supports optimum metabolic efficiency.
- Promotes hoof and overall health and vitality.
Contains Dried Brewer’s Yeast
- High quality vegetable protein, equivalent to whey but without the undesirable lactose.
Contains Yeast Culture
- Improves hindgut fermentation which increases energy, protein and phosphorus utilization.
Feed Equilibrium Optimal as the sole ration to easy keeping mares, foals and stallions to provide minerals and vitamins. Feed according to the following table, whereby the lower quantity meets minimum vitamin and mineral requirements and the higher quantity meets Purina Superior Recommendations. Feed in conjunction with water and a minimum of 1% body weight (on a dry matter basis) of a long stemmed forage (hay/pasture). Provide salt free‑choice.
Daily amount of Equilibrium Optimal
kg / 100 kg of Body Weight
|4 to 6 months||0.317||0.333|
|7 to 12 months||0.249||0.333|
|13 to 18 months||0.227||0.333|
|19 to 24 months||0.200||0.333|
- Equilibrium Optimal may also be fed as a top dress in conjunction with a Purina feed for mares, foals and stallions that are not being fed the recommended amount of a Purina horse Feed. Provide 0.200 kg to 0.300 kg of Equilibrium Optimal for every kilogram below the recommended amount of a complete Purina Horse Feed.
- Never feed more than the recommended amount without consultation from a Purina sales consultant.
- Provide a source of fresh, clean water at all times.
- Follow sound management practices along with disease and sanitation control measures. If there are any questions, contact your veterinarian, Purina dealer or Purina sales consultant.
Directions for use must be carefully followed.
Feed is perishable. Store in a dry, well‑ventilated area protected from rodents and insects. Do not feed moldy or insect‑infested feed to animals as it may cause illness, abortion or death.
To optimize the diet
- Purina recommends analyzing your hay and balancing the ration accordingly.
- Feed clean and dust free hay in sufficient amount daily. Feeding poor quality hay or feeding inadequate amounts could cause colic and other digestive upsets.
- Offer source of salt (NaCl) daily as well as plenty of fresh and clean water at all times.
- Make any feed change gradually over a 7 to 10 days period.
- Daily ration should be divided into 2 and preferably 3 separate feedings or more.
- Use a scale to weigh your feed so you know exactly how much your horse is being fed. Do not feed by volume.
- Purina recommends providing a maximum of 0.5% of body weight of this feed at one time.
- These recommendations are intended as a guide. They should be adjusted to variables of management, environment and individual needs. Consult your Purina Equine Consultant if necessary.
- Follow sound management practices along with optimal preventive veterinary medicine.
|Vitamin A||26000 I.U./kg|
|Vitamin D3||7000 I.U./kg|
|Vitamin E||1000 I.U./kg|
|Fibre||Dehydrated Alfalfa Meal|
|Protein/Amino Acids||DL-Methionine, L-Lysine, Dried Brewer’s Yeast, Soya Bean Meal|
|Vitamins||Vitamin A, Vitamin D3, Vitamin E, Vitamin K, Riboflavin, Niacin, Thiamine, Vitamin B12, Biotin, Pantothenic Acid, Vitamin B6, Folic Acid, Ascorbic Acid|
|Minerals||Salt (Sodium Chloride), Calcium Carbonate, Mono Dicalcium Phosphate, Magnesium Oxide, Calcium Iodate, Copper Sulphate, Ferrous Sulphate, Manganese Oxide, Zinc Oxide, Selenium, Organic Copper, Organic Manganese, Organic Zinc, Organic Selenium, Cobalt Carbonate|
|Multi-Attributes||Wheat shorts, Distillers|
*Ingredients are not in order of their inclusion rate.