Feed for maintenance, exercising horses and more
Equilibrium Fibra Plus is a versatile feed low in sugar/starch (NSC - nonstructural carbohydrates) in a chunk format. Equilibrium Fibra Plus is a complete feed designed to meet the needs of maintenance, exercising, breeding horses and yearlings that require a low sugar/starch diet. Formulated with proven quality ingredients and manufactured exclusively by Cargill in a specialized drug‑free equine facility.
Contains reduced starch and higher fat and fibre content (commonly referred to as low glycemic)
- Delivers sensible calories (energy) needed for performance and maintaining body condition.
- Helps minimize excitability. Suitable for horses that "tie-up".
- Proven to effectively regulate glycemic and insulin response.
- Suitable for horses with a history of laminitis, Cushing's Disease or insulin resistant.
- Helps minimize gut upset (colic) by preventing starch overload in the hindgut.
Contains high pectin and hemicellulose fibre. Does NOT contain economical fibre sources like oat hulls
- A highly fermentable fibre source providing needed calories for performance.
- Helps maintain a healthier hindgut pH and microbial population.
Contains 6% vegetable oil
- Highly digestible and energy/calorie dense. Less feed required to maintain body condition.
- Clean burning fuel, does not produce lactic acid and spares glycogen levels for enhanced athletic performance.
Contains Yeast Culture
- Improves hindgut fermentation which increases energy, protein and phosphorus utilization.
Contains elevated and added amino acids including Methionine
- Provides building blocks for improved muscle and joint development and milk production.
Unique Chunk Form
- Induce chewing and slow rate of intake.
- Better suited for ground feeding.
Equilibrium Fibra Plus is recommended for maintenance, exercising, breeding horses and yearlings. Feed in conjunction with water and a minimum of 1% body weight (on a dry matter basis) of a long stemmed forage (hay/pasture). Feed according to the following table, whereby the lower quantity meets minimum vitamin and mineral requirements and the higher quantity meets Purina Superior Recommendations. Ideally, feed enough to achieve desired body condition, and for every kilogram under the recommendation, provide 175 grams of Purina Equilizer (35710). Provide free choice salt. Daily ration should be divided into 2 preferably 3 separate feedings.
Daily amount of Equilibrium Fibra Plus
kg / 100 kg of Body Weight
|13 to 18 months||1.33||1.67|
|19 months and +||1.14||1.67|
- Amounts can vary depending on the hay. Purina recommends that you have your hay analyzed and balance your ration accordingly. Also, depending on the hay, Optimal (35720) may be better suited as a supplement than Equilizer (35710).
- If your horse rapidly consumes this feed and/or if hydration status of your horse is questionable, we recommend adding water to this feed or using other measures to ensure an appropriate rate of intake.
- Do not provide more than 0.5% of Body Weight of this feed at one time.
- Provide a source of fresh, clean water at all times.
- Follow sound management practices along with disease and sanitation control measures. If there are any questions, contact your veterinarian, Purina dealer or Purina sales consultant.
Directions for use must be carefully followed.
Feed is perishable. Store in a dry, well‑ventilated area protected from rodents and insects. Do not feed moldy or insect‑infested feed to animals as it may cause illness, abortion or death.
To optimize the diet
- Purina recommends analyzing your hay and balancing the ration accordingly.
- Feed clean and dust free hay in sufficient amount daily. Feeding poor quality hay or feeding inadequate amounts could cause colic and other digestive upsets.
- Offer source of salt (NaCl) daily as well as plenty of fresh and clean water at all times.
- Make any feed change gradually over a 7 to 10 days period.
- Daily ration should be divided into 2 and preferably 3 separate feedings or more.
- Use a scale to weigh your feed so you know exactly how much your horse is being fed. Do not feed by volume.
- Purina recommends providing a maximum of 0.5% of body weight of this feed at one time.
- These recommendations are intended as a guide. They should be adjusted to variables of management, environment and individual needs. Consult your Purina Equine Consultant if necessary.
- Follow sound management practices along with optimal preventive veterinary medicine.
*Ingredients are not in order of their inclusion rate.